Importing to Microsoft Works
- Start Microsoft Works.
- Click on Tasks in the main menu at top left and select Letters & Labels.
- Click on Mail Merge Documents, and then click Start this Task.
- Select the Mailing labels option and click OK.
- Select the size of labels by clicking the appropriate product number, and then click on New Document. An Open Data Source box will appear.
- Click on the folder icon that precedes Merge information from another type of file.
- In the Look in: dropdown menu and select the location of your list data file.
- Locate your file and double click it. Hint: if you do not see your file in the Files of Type: box, select All Files.
- Click on Yes when asked "Do you want to use the entries in the first row of data as field names?"
- Select Comma (,) from the Select Separator Character box and click OK.
- Select OK when asked to set up your merge document.
- A Mail Merge window will appear. Click Setup in the first step.
- In the Envelope Options menu, choose your label type and click OK.
- In the Mail Merge Wizard window, select Edit in the first step and click on the file that drops down.
- You will now see your document display with a grid. This is your label setup. Place your cursor on the top, left-hand rectangle and click once. Your cursor should now be blinking in that rectangle.
- Click on the Insert Merge Fields button on the third toolbar from the top. Position your cursor over it without clicking to display "Insert Merge Fields." (If you do not see the toolbar, click on View, then Toolbars, and then Mail Merge.)
- An "Insert Merge Field" window will appear. Ensure Database Fields is selected at the top of the window.
- Click once on the field you want to insert first, and then click Insert. Repeat this process until you have added all desired fields, then click Close.
- Once all fields are inserted and your label is setup in the desired format, click on Propagate Labels to fill all of the labels on the page with the merge fields. (Propagate Labels is the ninth button from the left on the tool bar.)
- Click the Merge to New Document button in the tool bar, the forth button from the right.
- Select All in the popup window and then OK.
- To print your labels, click File in the main menu at top left then Print and choose your print settings. Click OK to print.
These instructions are provided to customers of email-list.com and its subsidiaries for reference purposes only. Although email-list.com provides certified technical support and can assist you in importing your data, we cannot infringe upon other third-party software companies by providing specific instructions for their respective applications. Based in this information, email-list.com technical support may ask you to contact the manufacturer's technical support department for further guidance on issues beyond our qualifications.